So I'm working on this month's Tales of Challenge for Fantasy, in addition to trying to catch up for last month's. This is the Lion Chariot I'm working on this month, it's basically finished except for the hand-painted banner I'm doing.
Next up we have my Tiranoc Chariot. This has actually been painted for a while, but I hadn't finished the base at all until tonight.
After that we have a pair of Repeater Bolt Throwers. Like the chariot above, these have been painted for a while now, but didn't have a base. Luckily, because of the size and only having 2 crew, they fit easily on a standard chariot base.
These next shots are actually for the movement trays, not the models (they weren't finished the basing when I took the pictures). As I mentioned in my last post, I painted all the movement trays for the army. All 5000 points worth. So that was:
- a 6X5 for my spearmen
- 2 2X5 and a 3X5 for my archers (I'll explain below)
- 2 4X5 for my Phoenix Guard and White Lions
- a 6X3 for my Swordmasters (yes I know they are on the 4X5 in the picture)
- 2 5X5 for my Lothern Sea Guard
- 2 1X5 cavalry trays for my Silver Helms and Dragon Princes (I may build an expansion onto these yet, I haven't decided)
These were sanded and primed previous to my little fit of productivity, but all the painting, static grassing and foliaging were in this last little stretch.
I also got another Great eagle from eBay. I don't want to get off on a rant here, but shame on you GW! The wings connect to the body in the worst way possible. For a company that claims to make the best models in the world, they should have these wings holding together with more than just prayers to Sigmar. It took FOREVER to get this glued up, and I still need to green stuff before I prime. This project might have to wait until next month.
I haven't abandoned my other project either. My Storm Strider is slowly coming along. I have the base assembled now, so once I hand prime it, it'll be ready for painting.
I also made some modifications to my BSB. I originally had a shield in his free hand that matched the banner, but I don't give him a shield in game, and I'm real picky about WYSIWYG so I re-modelled him to be holding a great sword. He had one strapped to his back, but I always felt it looked a little small compared to the other great weapons in the army. This one is more out-of-proportion, like the rest of the army's weapons. I still need to paint the sword, it's just a basecoat of Boltgun Metal right now. I also need to clean up his back where the original sword was glued n.
I put some paint down on Caradryan, the only special character I own for the High Elves.
Plus I got base colours down on my Dragon Mage, but this is another project that I think will wait until next month. I just wanted a break from painting all the metals. Oh, and I finished the base, since I was doing so many others.
Of course I'm still working on my Swordmasters. I'm down to mostly clean-up on them, so I'm really hoping to be finished by the end of tomorrow. In fact, the front row is finished, so really I only have to worry about 15 models. The bases are finished though, which is nice.
And last, but certainly not least, my other project for this month: 8 Silver Helms. For those of you who don't know, I tried working on these at the beginning of the Great WAAAAAAGH-off, only to knock a pot of paint directly onto them. I cleaned them up as best I could, but it was very discouraging, so I dropped the High Elves in favour of my Eldar. Well I went back to them this past weekend, cleaned up the rest of the models, re-painted where I could fix, and I have them more or less back to where they were before. The musician if finished, the rest are about half-way there. I'm going to do the shields separately then glue them on, it's just easier. And of course I finished these bases too.
So there you have it. Hopefully that makes up for a few days of inactivity.
My plan for tomorrow is to put the painted Guardians I got from Wallshammer in Simple Green for stripping (because I really need to get started on them), finish the Swordmasters (thus finally catching up from last month), and getting the Storm Strider base primed to have that finished for the weekend. I was actually hoping to have it finished last weekend, so if all goes according to plan I'm going to throw in another Warmachine model this week to make up for last week. Then finally I'm going to finish painting that Chapel I started way back when for the Terrain Tales. But that might wait until I get well on top of my other projects.
Oh, and I got some work done tonight on my secret project, just some metal basecoating, but it's proof the project is still kicking.
And finally, I talked to Wallshammer today, he's been having fun on his honeymoon, but there is a Hurricane coming in to his area tomorrow. I hope everything turns out okay.