Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Friday 7 October 2011

The How Much Can I Get Done Before Wallshammer Gets Home Challenge Day 2 - A Change of Heart

Phew... long title.

Anyways, you know the deal.  Walls, if you're reading this, keep out.  Everyone else, meet me after the break.

And we're back!

So this is a short-ish update today.  2 big things happened today.  First, I was unpacking from my trip, putting my High Elves back on the shelf, and I got all sentimental about them.  I wish I could quit them.  In all seriousness, I've decided to not give up on the High Elves, to stick it out, take my lumps, and learn how to play them properly.

To that end, instead of working on my Lizardmen project, I spent the day working on my High Elves.  I sanded the bases on my Dragon Mage, 8 Silver Helms, 2 Bolt Throwers, 20 Swordmasters, a Lion Chariot and a Tiranoc Chariot.  I also finally finished the movement trays for the entire army (well almost.  I need to make one more movement tray for the Dragon Princes.  I'm just trying to decide whether to make it for 5 or 10 models).

This brings me to my second event of the day.  I was doing up the movement trays, and got a piece of static grass in my eye.  HOLY FREAKING CRAP WAS THAT PAINFUL!  So I lost a lot of time tonight.  I'm just at the point now where I can sort of see out of that eye.  Now I was hoping to get my first coat of paint on the bases I sanded, but it's pretty clear that's not going to happen tonight.

So I'll finish off the bases tomorrow.  During drying downtime I'll work on the banner for my Lion Chariot (part of this month's Tale of Fantasy Painters Challenge).  I'm also planning on dunking a bunch of those Guardians I got off Wallshammer for the 40k Challenge.

Saturday will be all about finishing the base of the Storm Strider, though I'm going to sand the big bastard tomorrow as well.

The Lizards aren't dead in the water, I just want to get my other projects caught up before continuing.  There was no way I was going to paint 2000 points of Fantasy in three weeks any ways.  This way I can take my time and make them look really good.  I have all sorts of ideas for a display base and other craziness.

It's going to be a busy month.

3 comments:

  1. I always wanted to have a lizardmen army painted like Gila Monsters. That would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured Yellow would look really good on the table, and I've always wanted to do a Yellow army. So far things look promising!

    ReplyDelete