Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Is One Thing A Week Dead?


So I'm still trying to get everything back on track following my whirlwind trip home for Wallshammer's wedding. This morning I took a peek at the Privateer Press Forums, to see what's going on with the contest that kicked-off my love of contests: The One Thing A Week Challenge.  Only to find it's buried 4 pages back, and I'm the last 2 posts on it.  I guess that means it's finally ground to a halt.  On the bright side, since I was there from the first week, and never missed a week, I declare myself the winner!  You may shower me in adulations now.  Hello?  Anyone?  Awww, damn internet contests with no prizes...

False-bruised-ego aside, this was a fantastic Challenge, and I lament its passing.  I'm going to keep going, obviously, but I think I'll be scaling back the amount of Privateer Press products I'm painting.  I've already painted more than I can use in a standard game, and have built several different lists for Circle.  In fact I'm getting down to about a dozen models in my collection that are unpainted.  So I'm going to stretch that out a little bit to make it last the year of Tales of Skirmish Gamers.  But it's just not going to be the same.

Fare thee well One Thing a Week Challenge, we hardly knew ye.

No comments:

Post a Comment