Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Sunday 18 March 2012

Looks Like I Suck at Posting Too!

Jeez, it's almost been a week.  I'll give the usual excuses... adjusting to working full-time with my neck busted, still getting over strep throat (It came back!  Yay!) blah, blah, blah...

Anyways, I haven't gotten much done this week, but I'll show you what I have gotten done.


So a little more done on the White Lions.  The first wash on the golds, the blacks, and the rest of the blues since last time (I think).  I have since dropped the Dragon Princes from my list, so I'm not going to finish painting them at this time.  Instead I added 2 chariots to my list, which I just finished the banner for the Lion Chariot last post, so there's some good news.

Sadly, this is all I've gotten done for my High Elves, but I have bombed around on a few other minis.  Join me after the break to see what I've been up to...



Vampires!  My interest in them has perked up a little again, so I thought I'd focus on a character model I really liked to see if I could get into them.  So far so good.  This is very much a work in progress, but it's actually a pretty good start, if I do say so myself.


And Tyranids!  I went back to my old Tyranids, only with a whole new paint scheme.  And that paint scheme is the old classic Space Hulk scheme.  I've always been a fan of the purple and blue, and I'm thinknig now is the time to try it out.  Now the Lictor below I had actually painted quite a while back.  But I went back into him, lightened up the purples, and changed the claws from black to bone.  I only did half of the model, for comparisons.  This is the old, unaltered side:


And this is the touched-up side:


Then, to test out how hard it would be to re-paint my existing Tyranids, I tried painting over the existing scheme.  It didn't turn out too bad actually.  I haven't done much to it, but I haven't really lost any detail.  Which is good, because I don't really want to strip these minis for the fourth time (yes, I've repainted them twice already...)
So that's what I've been up to.  Honestly, I'm losing motivation on the White Lions.  Which is stupid since I'm getting close to finishing them.  I don't know, I guess I'm still not 100% into them.  They aren't playing how I expect them to.  They aren't 'gelling' for me like Eldar or Orks were.

The worst part in all of this?  I keep thinking about my old Orcs.  Will I never learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment