I HAVE been painting though, as well as practicing some more with the new army. Come inside and see what I got.
Here's the Ironblaster first. It's such a piece of... well... it's really hard to put together. I tried some tartan on his bag, had to revamp his straps holding the cannon as well. I am gonna go back and tone down the rust if I got a chance.
And my in progress unit of Ironguts! I have been using reaper flesh tones. Really like them. Start with a base of Dark flesh, do a half tone with the tanned flesh and then go pure tanned flesh. I then wash the entire thing with Ogryn Flesh and touch up spots here and there with a tanned highlight. Also do some red washes on faces, elbows and hands.
And now... back to painting.