Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Saturday 3 March 2012

A Most Impressive Start... but not for me.

I have to commend Wallshammer.  He's really hit the ground running with these Ogres, and it shows.  I'm very confident he'll have the army done by month's end.

I'm not as confident in my own project however.  So small is my confidence that I just put the Necrons up for sale.  I just can't get into them.  They've been sitting on my table, silently mocking me for over a week now, with almost no progress made on them.  So, instead of lamenting about not getting them done, I'm going to switch focus...

I just recently put the Necrons up for sale on our local site (oh, did I forget to mention that?  I moved from Vancouver and am now just down the street from Wallshammer.  I also got a job, and strep throat.  It's been a busy few months, hence the no-posting) as well as a ton of Vampire Counts, those Lizardmen I started last Fall, and a ton of Chaos Space Marines.  And some Warmachine stuff.  This is all in an attempt to clear my work bench and get focused on making some actual progress.

Since the big move, it's been hard to sit down and get started again.  Plus this new job is really taking my to my limits.  I have a busted neck, which was why I had a lot of free time before, as I was only doing part-time book-keeping.  This is full time work, and it's really taking a lot of adjustment.  I'm home at the end of the day and all I want to do is lie down.  But all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so I really need to get back to painting, for peace of mind if nothing else.

So I'm going to go back to basics.  Eldar, High Elves and Dwarfs.  I have a TON of models to paint for each of those armies, and instead of getting distracted by shiny new projects, I'm going to focus on what I have.

To that end, I'm going to start with High Elves.  I have finally assembled and primed my 5 Dragon Princes and 20 White Lions, and add another Mage, 2 more great eagles, all my Sea Guard (50) and Phoenix Guard (20) and I have 2000 points.  Can I paint 103 models in 28 days?  Probably not.  But I'll do what I can and see how far I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment