Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Sunday 31 July 2011

I'll roll your balls!

Wait... that didn't come out right.  Awkward.

Greetings all.  I am Wallshammer and until I get better pictures of my stuff I refuse to post them.  Boo me?  BOO YOU!

I, unlike Green Feevah!, am not known for any one specific army but rather for having complete hobby ADD and collecting anything I see.  Therefore I have a troubling amount of stuff and a number of armies that will seemingly never be done.    However, let's recap some current events.  Right now I am working on a 1250pt Beastmen list for a doubles fantasy tournament in September.   Simple army really: three casters, three chariots, unit of gor, ungor raiders, razorgor.  It's coming along nicely thanks to a "One Thing A Week" Challenge we are participating in on the local gaming groups forum.   After that it's onto my wedding and honeymoon (BONUS!) and then when I return, a 40k escalation league.  What am I going to play? We'll leave that discussion for another post.  I do rock a fair amount of painted armies though.  I have a giant Imperial Guard army for 40k, reaching past 7k.   I have a good 3k Empire painted (thank you fantasy escalation league!).   I also have a fair amount of daemons done for 40k, reaching to 3k.  I played them last year in a couple tournaments, winning a best sports and a best painted in two different events.

As you can almost instantly tell I do indeed do a bit more of a playing scene then Green Feevah! at the moment. I don't mind "competitive/tournament" play given the right situation.  I will never play without sports and painting scores so don't expect me at the local Ard Boyz or Throne of Skulls.  Painting and good table manners are AS important as the gaming aspect in this hobby.  No tournament should ever be without them or they are simply not representing the Warhammer game at all.  You'll hear us moan about this quite a bit.  It's a very strong point with the two of us: game vs hobby.  Hobby always wins.  That's probably why I never get to top table but win the sports and painting awards!

I will try and find a better solution to my picture taking woes and post some WIP of my Beastmen.  If not, perhaps just post what I have.

Oh and tell your friends about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment