Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Sunday 28 August 2011

Tragedy Strikes... Again...

So I got all the model I could paint finished last night.  I had two models 'in tha drink' waiting to be stripped, and 2 more models just awaiting primer.

I stripped the first model, no problem.  Things are looking good.  Then I go to strip the second model.  The one that I had tried stripping before and was being very difficult.  I thought it just needed to sit longer.  I was wrong.

Almost an hour later, and a whole lot of elbow grease what do I have to show for my efforts?  A ruined model.  Patches of thick primer still clinging to the model, pieces broken from scrubbing so hard.  She's dead Jim.

So, here I am in a real bind.  Just days to go before the deadline and I just lost a chunk of my army.  Now I'll have to scrounge up some cash, bite the bullet on my 'no buying retail' boycott of GW.

Of course this is also making me re-think what I am doing.  Should I get the same model as before?  Or go with something a little different?

No comments:

Post a Comment