Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Thursday 15 September 2011

What I'm Working On (and Other Strangeness...)

So, I did my test for the Orcs, as you saw in the last post.  I had to delay the Dullkote-ing though on account of rain.  Tomorrow, I hope.

Doesn't really matter though, as I have to put that project on hold for a few days.  As it turns out, I joined a Warmachine Journeyman League.  Which starts Tuesday night.  And needs a brand new painted Battlegroup Box.  So I'm painting that up, as fast as I can.  I also have to finish pCaine by Saturday for the 'One Thing a Week' challenge and for the Tales of Skirmish Painters on Warseer.

***EDIT:  I've decided to opt out of the Journeyman League.  The store hosting ti is over an hour away from me, so I'd never get enough games in, and the hobby awards reward volume, not quality.  Combine that with the fact that most of the players in the league are staff members, and can get stuff much cheaper than I can, and I realized that there isn't much point to doing this.  I already have a painted Cygnar army.  I don't need to double it in size in a few short weeks just for the sake of spending money.***


More after the break:


I'll take a better picture soon, but the Lancer (the one with the spear), has a lot of light sourcing on the blue.  So much so that you can't tell in the picture... *sigh*.

The good news in all of this?  Privateer Press says they've shipped my missing legs.  I just hope it's not a long delivery.  I'm going to prime up all the other pieces and get started on them as soon as I finish the Battlegroup box... and of course if it ever stops raining.  Oh and I have bits incoming for that Eldar i'm getting off Wallshammer for the Tales of 40k Painters (and his local 40k escalation league, of which I'm an honorary member).

And just another couple of shots:


This is the Chapel I was going to work on before the guys on the terrain Tales thread told me to slow down.  That's now next month's project.



And these are blurry shots of my Deff Dread, who has been painted for a long time now, but these are some shots I took to show Wallshammer the how I finished the bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment