Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Saturday 8 October 2011

The How Much Can I Get Done Before Wallshammer Gets Home Challenge Day 4 - Not Off To A Good Start

So... yeah.

Day 4.  Still not a lot done.  Day's not over yet.  I'm going to try to work on my Strider base, but my heart's not going to be in it.

Let's face it.  I get more done with Wallshammer spurring me on.

That and my gaming today was a disaster.  We played 2 games of Warmachine and I obliterated him in the first one with a turn three caster kill (not a single wound taken on my side; he'd lost a Troll Bouncer to a Satyr Counter-charge where I rolled max damage on a boosted slam [with primal], then finished him off when he hit the impaler behind him [collateral damage].  Then the girls, [my Bloodtrackers and Wolf Riders] killed half of his champions to open a lane for a Wolf Rider charge of doom..  Killed Borka on the javelin throw on the way into combat.), then he conceded turn 4 even though he was technically winning  Took a Baldur list  which I thought was pretty weak, but he logged jammed on some terrain which gave me an edge).  I popped my feat at just the right time, denying him some crucial charges, then opened up a lane to his caster.  Regrettably there was nothing I could do to his caster that turn, so he could have easily moved out of harm's way, but he conceded instead.  His heart wasn't in it.  He was frustrated and pissed off from the first game.  So it looks like now instead of just quitting Warhammer Fantasy, he's quitting mini gaming all together.  Again.

So where does that leave me?  I have all these 40k, Fantasy and Warmachine armies and no one to play against.  That's not really motivating me to paint, that's for sure.  I did find out that a nearby game store plays Warmachine on Saturdays, so that's a place to start.  I'd really like to find a place to play Fantasy though.  That'd really get my painting mojo going.

No comments:

Post a Comment