Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Thursday 8 March 2012

Even Even More Progress (though not as much)

I wasn't expecting to get any progress made today at all, but I was feeling pretty sick after work, so didn't go game (Sorry Sean). But I did manage to pull it together for long enough to get a little bit of work done:

Like progress on my third Great Eagle:


More after the break:



So I finished my Archmage.  It was all little details today, like his two potions, highlighting the leathers, and doing a very failed magic wash on the White.  Clearly I have forgotten the formula.  I'll need to perfect it once more before I get to that stage for the Dragon Princes and White Lions.


Where you'll really notice the progress is on the back. My other mage has a blue cloak, and the white was too plain (not to mention not very even thanks to my super-fail magic wash), so I added some details to his cape to give it a little punch.  Oh and I added an extreme highlight of white on the purple swirlies to make them pop as well.


Same thing with the BSB Noble.  Little details.  Even I'm having a hard time remembering what all I did.  Highlighting leathers, re-painting his sword glove... that's about it.


I got some more cloaks done, but it wasn't really holding my interest so I moved on.


I spent most of the night on the Eagle.  But it really wasn't that much time, as I was taking big breaks to watch Doctor Who and just rest.  I'm getting sick and tired of being sick and tired....

Tune in tomorrow.  I'm hoping to have all the cloaks finished by the end of the night, the Great Eagle finishes and blues laid down on almost everything.  Ambitious?  Probably, but we'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment