Four guys who want to win at painting... AT ALL COSTS!

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Hey, who's the new guy?

Hello, hobbyists and gamers alike!



I'm brand new to Hobby At All Costs, and really, brand new to the whole world of wargaming.. But I'll dig into that in a second. Firstly I'd like to thank Wallshammer for inviting me to do some posting on here. Now here's a little about myself before I do anything else.

*Green Feevah ninja edit*  Find out more after the break!




I've been playing Warhammer for probably about six months now (I know, I'm a late bloomer). A friend of mine in my 4th Ed Dungeon's and Dragon's group was always talking about this table top game where you collect and paint your own models which you then use to play with, so after he showed me the Games Workshop site and took me to our local game store a couple times I knew that it would be something I could get into.

The army I first looked to was none other than the walking fortresses of ruinous power, the Warriors of Chaos. First glance it was a pretty obvious choice for a new guy; they look bad ass, not too terribly expensive (comparatively speaking of course, due to the low model count), and they have a pretty attractive play style for somebody who has never played a game like this before. Run across the field and hit with stick. Or axe, or mutant claw, what have you.

As for Warhammer 40k, I've only recently started playing. About two weeks after 6th Ed was released and I realised I wasn't going to be getting a game of fantasy in anytime soon, I started going through some of the codex's and planning to start. I originally looked at Black Templars (surprising I know, more hit with stick tactica), but then our friend Green Feevah! here was selling a Tyranid force that he had came across. I decided to scrap the power armour and go for the bugs.

Synopsys, I have about 4000 points of Warriors of Chaos (mostly Khornate) for WHFB, and maybe like 2000 points of Stealer Shock Tyranids (which is still a grueling effort to learn how to play).

As for my painting, I'd like to think that I'm pretty okay for a beginner. I work pretty slowly sometimes, and I'm quite meticulous when it comes to doing my painting the way I want it to look. The club has been really helpful as far as advice. I don't have a great camera, or any sort of Light Box to speak of but here is one of the latest things that I've painted up:



A Khorne Lord on Juggernaut, whom will be happily accompanied by the new Skullcrushers that GW released this past week. Note: none of my models are based yet, that's a whole 'nother story.. Please don't yell at me.

Anyways, I look to do some regular posting. And I hope you all won't mind listening to a newbie instead of these grognards on here. I'll post about my painting, and some battle reports. I might look into doing a Things I've Learned This Week type series if people would be interested.

Thanks for reading!




1 comment: